My first two weeks at Bucks have been pretty decent. I am finding the learning strategies in Law quite a bit different from say bio and psyc… Shocker there I guess. There’s no straightforward read this and be asked questions on it, it’s much more difficult. My brain is certainly getting a work out! So far I like all my profs except one, and unfortunately he is also my “personal tutor”. He’s this short, bald Irish dude who stares right at you. And I made the mistake of sitting across from him at the tutorial table so for almost the entire hour I could feel him looking at me. Just a bit intimidating, frig! He’s SO intense, like don’t make any noise (rustling papers etc), everyone has to answer his general questions to the group and he was playing with a stress toy the whole time!! Freaked us all out. Having said that, the work load isn’t bad yet, so I’m still finding time to have some fun! I don’t know what it is but I’ve been getting drunk REALLY easy these days. We drank at the campus pub last Wednesday, we just call it OTM (Old Tanlaw Mill) and I got a wee bit out of hand. Got Momma bear to pick me up hahah We live like a 25 min walk from there, and I was definitely too drunk to make it back on my own. Took it easy the next couple nights but then went out again Saturday (the 22nd). We pre drank at Res (I feel like I’m 19 again hahaha), played some slightly handicapped beer pong (One heavier ball lol) and walked to a pub called 13 High St which closes its doors at 11!! Same pub I couldn’t get into that first week because I was too late. I didn’t think I’d be able to drink enough before getting there since I didn’t want to spend too much money, but alas I did not have any problems lol I was surprised at the size of the place. It just kept going. It’s so funny because Buckingham is like the size of Brighton and has like 5 or more pubs. It’s definitely a part of their culture. In my drunkenness I apparently hit on a lot of guys, no surprise there really and I recall having a great time. I remember talking to this cute French guy for awhile but not sure what happened there… So this night did not have a happy ending unfortunately! I went back to res with a couple of friends since I didn’t have to walk back alone (couldn’t cab either because I spent all my cash and don’t have a proper bank card yet lol) and at about 4am I was awoken by severe pain in my ear. Finally after being in pain for awhile I give in and called Mom (again) since I knew something was seriously wrong. She picked me up around 5am (aren’t moms great!) and took me to the hospital. I didn’t have an infection per se, but my ear was severely inflamed as a result of a cold. So I didn’t get antibiotics, but they did give me some codeine! The thing that really sucked was that I was so out of it (dizzy, nauseated, deaf lol) on Sunday I had to miss my first hockey game. I’m still bummed about it! My team did win which is nice but I was really looking forward to it. And we don’t have another game until like Feb 12th or something. Succckkssss. It’s now a full week later and my ear still isn’t better. It’s still clogged or something and it’s extremely irritating. I think I’ve had a cold since I got into this country. I blame stress (new place, new school, and family crap)!
Nicole has arrived!! Despite an 8 hour flight delay she landed in Gatwick safely yesterday (Saturday Jan 29th).She was understandably too tired to come out last night, and she missed a humdinger! 11 of us including my mom went bowling in Milton Keynes. It was SO much fun! I am absolutely terrible, but I found the beer definitely helped hahah After bowling we decided to go out in MK and danced the night away. Finally stumbled home after a somewhat stressful cab ride around 3am exhausted and ready for my bed. Woke up this morning pretty sore! Not sure if was the bowling or the dancing, but definitely worth it!! We'll be hitting up those bars again! Hope everyone back home is staying warm, miss you all! xoxo
Ashley
Quote of the Day - He's an explorer, like Magellan. Or Dora.
No comments:
Post a Comment