After the very eventful holidays the beginning of January has been relatively relaxing. Dad, Brett and Drew flew home from England on Jan 5th leaving just Mom and I in Buckingham. Our first weekend was very low key. Friday Jan 7th, I had my first hockey practice. Before the holidays I looked into the local hockey team and got in contact with the manager. They invited me out for their first practice of the New Year and it felt great to be out there.
| My new team! |
It’s a bit pricey to play over here, but I am thankful that I at least get to play! The team is called the Milton Keynes Falcons and the girls were really nice. It’s a senior team (16+) with a mixture of girls that have a lot of experience and some with very little. But the manager told me “they’re in it to win it” so I guess they play competitively. They've won the league championship the last two years. I’m looking forward to my first game which isn’t until Jan 23rd. But frig am I sore from that pracy. First time on the ice in over a month, and first practice in about…oh, four years! It was an hour and a half too. Other than hockey we did some shopping and my room is now fully furnished. Ya, pretty boring first week, but it has been nice to stay in one place after the holidays.
I kept myself entertained by doing some reading (and watching the old Star Wars Trilogy), and I just have to tell everyone that The Girl Who Played with Fire, by Stieg Larsson, is unreal. For those of you under a rock, it's the 2nd in a trilogy. I found Fire very interesting right from the beginning, unlike the 1st book which took awhile to get into. Larsson has an incredible way with drawing you into the characters. I’m far from a literary expert but if you find yourself in need of some reading material, definitely go for the trilogy. I’m planning on starting the 3rd one tonight, after Return of the Jedi... haha Man Luke Skywalker is a bitch though. I'm in it for the vintage H ford, too bad he spends a chunk on this movie frozen in carbonite.
So this has been the first weekend in a long time that I haven’t partied, and I must say, it doesn’t suit me… Haha My liver is probably happy, but I’m a not :( I miss all y’all back home! Not in a homesick way, but in a hitting on boys while stumbling with my girls kinda way. I start school on Thursday and I’m officially a loser, because I’m excited for it. I’m sure I’ll regret saying that when all my time is being taken up by reading, but hopefully I’ll meet some cool people. And I’m sure you all realize by cool I mean, will get drunk with me.
Oh one thing that’s pretty sweet is that I’ve been in contact with a guy who’s also coming over to Buckingham Law from Ontario too! We’ve just exchanged a couple short emails, and are both equally confused about where and when we’re supposed to be at school on Thursday, so we’re going to try and meet up before hand. I’m sure you’re all thinking what I am and (not so) secretly hoping he’s hot… haha
Well that’s it for now, I’ll be back in a weekish and I’ll have started school, so I’m sure that I’ll have some interesting things to report (hopefully, otherwise you’re all going to get very bored with me). How about them Canucks, and (to a lesser extent) Leafs?! Love my boys in blue :-)
Love to you all,
smash
Quote of the day: We should all pray only to one God, Google, as it is the only God that provides us with answers. - Unknown via Brettly :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment