| Caitlin, Markus, me, Ndabu,? and Georgeina - Out in Oxford |
Orientation was definitely hit and miss. I missed anything going on the first couple nights because no one had cell phones yet, and I’m not living on campus, so I was out of the loop. Friday night I knew where everyone was but couldn’t get in because I had hockey practice and they closed the doors to the pub everyone was at, at 11. 11!! So lame. Finally on Saturday had some fun! Jeff, a fellow Ontarian, was my connection to the party. He lives in res so I met up with him and some boys and went with the other “freshers” to Oxford. We get on the bus and everyone is like “Hey Jeff!!” Apparently a popular guy haha. It was about an hour on the bus and we were all pretty hammered. It was funny trying to watch everyone try the bathroom door unsuccessfully. After that night I can now confidently say I have a good group of people that definitely like to party. We get to Oxford around 10pm, and go right into the bar. I haven’t been at a bar that early in a long time, but since there was such a big group of us (about two coach buses full) it was a good time. It was huge bar, so it didn’t really fill up until much later, and we were definitely way drunk by then. There are definitely some cuties that go to Bucks, but I pretty much behaved myself that night! Insofar as slept in my own bed, alone. Haha It’s a really small school, if I hook up with someone I’ll definitely see them around, so I’m not going to make any rash choices… Funnily enough, there’s this events coordinator named Peter, and he apparently told another girl that “everyone fucks everyone at Bucks”. Not so surprisingly his nick name is Peter-phile. He’s a 40 something dude who plans and attends social events with university students. It’s a bit weird. But he’s nice enough, although he definitely thinks I hooked up with this Swedish guy Saturday night because we got off the bus together... oops. And for the record, we didn’t. But he is a hottie, not saying I won’t, but I didn’t lol My social life has definitely improved immensely since my last entry when it was just me and Mom… Our house is a bit too far of a walk to the campus which sucks because I’ll be walking home at night a lot, but it’s a very small community. Hopefully it stays that way! I’m hoping to have some parties in the future; I’m suffering some flip cup withdrawal.
At orientation I also got my class schedule, and classes started Monday (the 17th). I must say, much less busy then I expected. Max of 3 hours in one day! Love it. I really do plan on doing well here, so I am going to try and limit my partying to the weekends (shocker there). I must say, it’s funny not being the gun-ho party person for once! I’m also trying to keep the weight off that university round one gave me, so cutting down on the booze and drunk food is key!
This coming Sunday I have my first hockey game with my new team and I’m really excited! After the second practice I’ve realized my team is actually pretty good! Best quality I’ve played in awhile. There were more girls out who weren’t there last time. Pumped to play with them!!
I’m not missing Canada right now considering you have -20 and beyond weather and it was a chilly +6 today hahah love it! Stay warm, miss you all! xo
No comments:
Post a Comment