Sunday, February 20, 2011

Things are good!

I know I haven't updated in awhile which is because there really isn't all that much to report! I'm just going to school, playing hockey and of course partying on weekends. Basically same as everyone back home but I'm surrounded by people with funny accents. I did go to a couple of events with my Mom called skeptics in the pub. We went to one in London (Feb 4th) and one in Oxford. These are just get togethers in pubs of nerdy ass people talking about critical thinking and blah blah. But we're nerds and we love it. The one in London was a really good time especially since I managed to get pretty hammered. We walk into the room and it was packed so we just asked some random guys if we could sit with them. Turns out one was from Ottawa (!!) and the other from somewhere in the UK. I went to this definitely not expecting to see any hotties, but I thought I was in luck when I saw this rugby-player looking ginger (ya, ya I know). After the speaker was done I actually got a chance to talk to him and I was so let down. He was so awkward and nerdy! haha I still think he was kinda cute but definitely made me miss the arrogance/confidence of hockey players.

Actually gave me a plaque thing....

The following weekend was my friend Chelsea's birthday (Feb 12th) and that was a wicked night. I was late getting to the pre-drink because I had my first hockey game (hatrick and mvp!!) but it turned out to be one of the best nights we've had here yet! We went to the typical Saturday night bar called 13 High St which is the only one with a legit dance floor. After it shut down at 1am (I know, so lame) we all decided it was too early to call it a night and walked to the campus bar which was having a party till 4am. Things are blurry from then on... One thing that sucks about Buckingham is that the cabs stop running at 2am, and I don't live near campus/any of my friends, so thank goodness I have a slightly insomniac mother who doesn't mind picking me up at ridiculous hours. hahah Yeppers she picked my drunk, pizza eating ass up at 5am that night (morning?). Don't worry, I saved her a slice. 

The next day myself, and two of my friends dragged our hungover asses out of bed and went to Bicester Village which is a high end shopping outlet. We were shopping for gowns because we have a ball to go to!! The Swan Ball happens every year at our school and it's an all night party. Luckily I was able to find a gown (shhh it may be from the bridal collection) and I can't wait to wear it! I'm nervous of spilling on my dress, but I'm sure after a few pops I won't be too concerned. They actually serve us breakfast this party goes so long. Ah! Excited. 

Al and Rhi these are for you. ;-)
So that about wraps things up for now. Oh had my second hockey game today and we won 13-0, so nothing exciting to report... Love playing on a real team again, even if we blow people out of the water. 

I'm so glad I've gotten to talk to some of my girls back home on the phone, so good to hear your voices! 

Hope the cold winter back home is treating you all well. I miss me some pond hockey and well, drinking beers watching the Leafs suck and the Canucks dominate. Till next time! 

Ashley <3

Quote of the Day - "Hey hey hey, save your anger for the bedroom where it belongs." - Karen 


No comments:

Post a Comment