Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Greece Lightning!!



 Sorry for the delay in a new post, but not much was going on last term that I thought was worthy of informing you of! Since my last post a lot has actually happened, which is unsurprising since it’s been a long time! My third term of Law School wasn’t particularly exciting since we didn’t have any exams but I did have to do an advocacy exercise which was essentially preparing and presenting your client’s case in front of a judge, which was definitely nerve racking and scary. But I got through it and think school is going well! Outside of school I’ve taken trips to Ireland and Greece.

The Blarney Stone - signed by Brett
Brett, Mom and I went to Ireland in August which was definitely a good time! I only went for 3 days but they went for a week and covered almost all of the south end of the country. We did a half day horse ride around the Dingle Peninsula and this was certainly the highlight. We actually got to gallop along a gorgeous beach and then stop and have a pint! We also went out in Dublin and surprise, surprise, the Irish party hard. We went out fairly early (for Brett and I) right after a really posh dinner at a restaurant called Piochet. The meal was delicious and after a couple of bottles of wine, we were pretty buzzed. And by pretty buzzed I mean Brett and I were buzzed and mom was hammered! So we decided to head out to a pub right away since our hotel was a bit of a hike and it seemed like a reasonable progression. I assumed that at 9pm the bars would be pretty dead, but oh my, I was mistaken. Apparently in Dublin on a long weekend, everyone is out and the pubs are PACKED by this time! We went to a pub suggested to us by my friend Alison and it was awesome. Live Irish music and delicious pints. The rest of the night was spent babysitting my drunken mother who ‘hadn’t gone out like this in 25 years’ according to her. It was a freaking blast! I definitely want to go back to Dublin, and since St. Patrick’s day falls on a school break next year I think I’ll try to do it then… I think that would be EPIC!
Laganas, Greece (Turtle Island)

Got back from Ireland and the boy I had been seeing when I was home over the break had started to become distant and then all together stopped talking to me. Took me a while to actually find out what happened, but turns out he moved on with a friend of mine and he didn’t even have the balls to tell me. Thought I at least deserved an explanation, but evidently not! Oh well, shit happens and let’s be honest we all knew I can do better. Shortly after I got cyber-ditched I actually met someone here! We started dating and I finally stamped my British passport… wink wink. 

School Party - Caitlin, Me, Ysamin
I just finished up my 3rd term of school and on the break between the 3rd and 4th terms I decided to go to Greece! There ended up being only three of us going on this week long vacation, but it was AMAZING! I went with my friend Caitlin whom I went to Paris with during my first term break and my new friend Ysamin who is another Canadian in my class that I just got to know recently. Although most Canadians would think of going to Greece for site seeing and historical stuff, but Europeans use Greece like we use Mexico and The Dominican. Sand, sun and BOOZE! We literally got to the hotel and they told us all of the events going on for the week, which were all about drinking and having a good time. It was unreal. I have no idea how my body did it but I drank 6 nights in a row. Got absolutely hammered a couple of times but managed to avoid any serious hangovers! It was amazing. We did a booze cruise, foam party, slutty school girl party, and saw a Brit DJ (Reggie Yates). Best holiday I’ve ever had. Met some wicked boys who go to the University of Bath and they definitely added to the fun. We also did some touristy stuff such as visit shipwreck/smugglers cove, went to see sea turtles and swam in caves, but it was definitely the partying that made it an epic holiday. I had never been to a foam party before and I had a blast dancing and sliding around in that stuff!! I suggest it to everyone, however DO NOT make the mistake we did by going to jump in the ocean after being covered in foam since it forms acid on your skin and burns like a MOFO. We did go to Laganas right at the end of the season and still had a wild time, but I couldn’t imagine how amazing it would have been to be there in July or August (peak season). I should probably try and grow up at some point, but I’m not quite ready!
Sea Turtle!!

That’s all for now! Starting my final term of year one on Monday!! Very exciting. Hope all is well back home!

Ashley

xoxo




Quote of the day - I can't fall asleep to the Lion King music, it's too stimulating - Caitlin  

No comments:

Post a Comment