![]() |
| Me, Laura, Nat and Thom at Wonderland |
Well hello out there in the internet land! It is amazing how freaking fast time is going right now, and sadly, as my mother says, it’s not going to slow down again… Been back in the UK for 11 days after being home in Ontario for three and a half AMAZING weeks! The trip home started off unreal as I was upgraded to first class and got my own cubby and reclining chair. I can definitely see why people pay for that shit. I got off the flight absolutely hammered. Barely remember going through customs… But thankfully the let me in. I happily got to see almost everyone I wanted to even if it was only a short visit it was still great. Tried to make the most of my time and in doing so I racked up about 3000 kms on the car! Visited people from Waterloo to Ottawa, and it was all well worth the driving. The night Port Dalhousie kicked our collective asses was the first of many messy nights shared with amazing people. Having dinner at Ethel’s Diner and then going to see Tiesto in Waterloo were certainly highlights. Spent my 25th birthday at Canada’s Wonderland with two of my British friends who came over to visit Canada while I was home! They’re from my hockey team and since it’s near impossible to get decent hockey gear in the UK they had a blast at Pro Hockey Life and bought a bunch of new stuff (brought nearly empty suitcases haha). I also got new skates and gloves for my birthday, they are siiiiick!
| Reebok 11Ks and Bauer 4 rolls = LOVE |
I spent Canada Day weekend in Ottawa which was unreal and the weather couldn’t have been better. I definitely did enough drinking and partying for a couple of people, but hey, I was on vacation! Then there was of course the boy who made the visit even better, but even more difficult to leave. Isn’t that always the way it goes?! Ugh, you win some, you lose some! But I can’t wait to be home again at Christmas and see you all again. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to catch up, I love and miss you all!
So I’m now in my third term at law school and things are getting real. This term I’m taking Criminal and Contract law as well as a course called Legal Skills and Procedure which is essentially a training course for lawyers where we actually learn what lawyers do! We have to defend a client in a mock trial near the end of the term and it’s very serious. Actually having to stand in front of a “judge” is going to be interesting to say the least. I’ve got some new professors in my tutorials that I really like, very laid back and easy to talk to which makes the learning environment much more relaxed!
| Harry Potter fun! |
I was planning to try and take this easy party wise since I want to focus on doing really well in school, but that didn’t happen the first week back. I mean, I don’t get tested on two of my subjects until December… So I kinda HAVE to go out! haha So we went out Wednesday for the first mid-week mash-up then Friday night we went and saw the final Harry Potter film which was AWESOME! We were thinking about dressing up, but decided against it since we weren’t going to the mid-night show. Didn’t stop me from dressing up for fun beforehand.
Then Saturday night we had a ‘birthday’ party for me at our house on the 16th since my birthday was during the break. My roommate Nicole really wanted an excuse to have a party as she’d be stranded in the tiny town of Bucks for 3 weeks alone so we owed it to her to rock hard. Jello shots, whipped cream and cake! OH MY! So many people came out, it was really nice! My sister was definitely the ‘pace car’ of the night; a great introduction to the UK for here. She’s fitting in perfectly haha.
| What I wore to school the 21st of freaking July... |
That’s about all that’s gone on since I’ve been back. Mom moves home to Canada August 15th, so there’s lots to be done before she goes. My friend Mandy will be moving in around the time Mom leaves so we’ll have a legit girl’s house! Woo hoo!
Next weekend I’m off to Ireland with my Mom and sister, which we’re all looking forward to, and hopefully we’ll have some good stories and photos to share. Hope everyone back home is staying cool! Having said that I definitely do not have any pity for you since I’m spending my summer in pants and sweaters (trousers and jumpers haha)… Pretty much wear the same clothes all year round here. I’ve worn shorts only twice since I’ve been back. But I really have to no reason to complain as I'm a short flight away from Greece which I'll be visiting on my next break! Bye bye for now!
Quote – “You’re missing the heat wave! Everyone is sweating like a nun in a cucumber patch.” – RhiRhi
![]() |
| This guy def wasn't getting any. |
xoxo
| Adventure is where your GPS takes you. (This is an actual road we drove down) |


No comments:
Post a Comment