Woohooo my month as a vegan is over! It wasn’t too bad except for eating at restaurants. Basically I ate a lot of fries since we go to pubs a lot and they don’t have salads. Luckily I managed not to put on any weight! And after careful consideration and a lot of cravings I decided to eat meat today! I didn’t start slowly either! Hahaha I had a huge burger for lunch and then Indian food for dinner where I had some of dishes with chicken and lamb. I enjoyed being a vegetarian (veganism is too hard) but ultimately the craving for a burger took over. I’ll probably just keep a normal diet, but not too much meat as my knowledge of how terrible the meat industry is on the environment still matters to me, but if I want to have a burger, I will!
![]() |
| Group out for a friend's Bday in MK |
Things are pretty much back to normal at Bucks, just going to classes and playing hockey on the weekends. We had some absolutely gorgeous days here and I even got some tanning in! It was hard to get any work done on those days so we spent them drinking beer on patios like normal uni students. It was awesome. The weekend of the 16-17th was my friend Caitlin’s birthday so we bought a BBQ for the occasion and had ourselves a legit backyard BBQ followed by a messy night at the local bar. Just a lovely freaking day.
Good Friday was a girl on my hockey team’s 18th birthday (the drinking age here) and also the 23rd of another girl. So we went out to the local gay bar! Not because anyone is gay, but because it was where that’s where they wanted to go! It was my first experience at a gay bar and it was a blast! We just danced and got nice and hammered! The next day my riding lesson was exhausting since I was basically still drunk and it was by far the hottest day we’ve had.
| Caitlin and I enjoying the beautiful weather! |
The week leading up to the Royal Wedding was a write off, I literally went to like 3 classes all week. Just couldn’t be bothered haha Oh well. Two of my Canadian friends at school actually went down and camped out over night at the Abbey to see the happy couple coming and going. She got some awesome pictures FO SHO. I was content to watch it on TV with the Chapmans who were visiting from Canada; we drank Mimosas and watched it from the comfort of the living room. Man there were some funny hats! Definitely fun to watch. I can’t imagine how much of a zoo London was.
| Nat, Emma (18th Bday girl!) and I post jaeger bombs |
Saturday (30th) I drove the Chapmans to Oxford, home of the University and Christ Church aka where the Great Hall scenes in Harry Potter are filmed! Oxford was extremely busy but it is an awesome city. Such old beautiful buildings and great atmosphere. The dining hall at Christ Church is where the great hall scenes were filmed and we got to go in there, which was so awesome. It is much smaller than it looks in the movies, but recognizable. There were also some staircase scenes filmed there and we saw those stairs too. Very cool.
Hockey is almost over for the season, just two games and a final tournament left. We’ve played all the teams and beaten them that had any chance of challenging us for league champs so the last two games don’t really matter. Then on the weekend of May 28-29th the top two teams from our Division (South) and two from the North play off for something… haha Not sure exactly what, but we’re spending the weekend in Sheffield! I am really pleased with the skill of the players over here. It was some decent hockey. During my last game I actually skated so hard I was sick… Yep was epically disgusting. We won 2-1. The division of skills in our league is ridiculous. We had games that close and ones we won 20-0. I can proudly say I scored a goal every game (and 6 in the 20-0 game hahaha). It’s been great.
| Harry Potter Dining Hall!!! |
That’s about all that’s been going on! Nothing exciting on the boy front to report. Thought I might have had a potential romance but he turned out to be a douche. I had friends make a point to warn me about him and luckily all that happened was we hung out a couple times then I just never heard from him again. This is in all likelihood because I didn’t sleep with him. Haha Sucks though because he had the broody good looks and was just generally sexy. But ohhhh well.
Got my exam timetable and I’m done on June 13th so I’ll be home for a visit from June 14th to July 9th!! Sooooo excited!! Can’t wait to see you all! Hope the weather in Canada is improving! See you in 43 days!
xoxoxo
Ashley
xoxoxo
Ashley

No comments:
Post a Comment